CrochetedintheRaine

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CrochetedintheRaine?ref=l2-shopheader-name

Come check out my shop on etsy!
I love to crochet projects for friends and family and finally got brave enough to sell them.
If you have any questions about it, let me know!

Monday, February 25, 2013

First Pin to test: DIY Nursing Bra (regular to nursing)

Welcome to my new blog.  I hope that you all find it helpful and will be able to get what information you need from this.

Today's test I will be referring to a few different tutorials I have come across on Pinterest.com and have saved to my pinterest account.


Here are the links below so you may see what I am using:
Youtube tutorial, Converting regular bra into nursing bra:
laura.bitter-gamer

I got my supplies from 2 different places:
Walmart: I got some bra's that were under 5$ but you can get whatever kind you want from any store.
Sew Sassy Fabric- This website will give you the nursing bras clips
*Shipping is on the expensive side of about 6 $ or more so order in bulk when you do get supplies.

Now if you're like me, I don't know how to sew AT ALL.  So I went onto youtube and found a tutorial on how to do a specific how to do a backhand stitch.  I've provided the link to the video to show you how do it. This will allow you to strengthen the stitch so that it doesn't come apart so easily. 

 So all together you'll need:
  1. A bra that fits you
  2. Nursing Clasps *I ordered 3/8.
  3. Thread that matches the bra you've chosen
  4. Ribbon, lingerie chord or a fabric you want to line the inside of the bra with.
  5. Needles
  6. scissors
  7. *optional: thimble


Step 1:
Cut the strap about less than a inch away from where it meets the cup.
*On some bra's it'll have a ring at the cup so you'll need to then just unpick it and you'll already have a set length to use.
 Step 2: Take the strap and put it into the lower half of the clasp or the "tooth" and sew it on.

 *close up on the reverse side.
 Step 3: Then take the upper half or the "eye" and sew that into place. Make sure it is not backwards!
 *close up

 Step 4:  So your nursing clasp will have three slots.  The "eye" will have 2 slots, the lower half 1 slot.
On the bottom half of the "eye" take your ribbon, chord etc and slip that into the slot and sew it down.
 *close up
 *Finished sewing on clasp and chord on the clasp.
 Step 5: Now take the chord and lay it down the length of the cup on the INSIDE and place it down on the band or if the bra has wiring, just at the bottom of it.
 *Finished step 5.

Step 6: Now cut off remaining chord.

 *finshed step 6
One side is now complete!
Now repeat on the other side. 
 And there you are! A finsihed DIY nursing bra



No comments:

Post a Comment