CrochetedintheRaine

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CrochetedintheRaine?ref=l2-shopheader-name

Come check out my shop on etsy!
I love to crochet projects for friends and family and finally got brave enough to sell them.
If you have any questions about it, let me know!

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Fejiao (brazillian black beans)

So were moving onto some food recipes that I'm testing and some of them actually came out pretty good!

Here is one we did last night and let me tell you, it was super yummy and it's definitely one that I will repeat.

feijao_black_beans_4.jpg


Website:
http://relish.com/recipes/feijao-brazillian-black-beans/
Pin source:
http://pinterest.com/pin/335166397238594468/

Now I don't have a picture of it sadly because I didn't think about it until after I ate all of it :p
I did do some variation because the original recipe was for a slow cooker but i did mine on the stove top

Ingredients: (I used)
2 cans ( 15 oz each) black beans
garlic powder
bay leaves
olive oil
1 yellow chopped onion
salt and pepper to taste
cilantro

I didn't actually measure anything to be honest.  The original recipe says that you need about a pound of black beans which is about one can of beans.

Step 1:
Drain and rinse black beans
Step 2:
Cook black beans til finished
Step 3:
In a deep saute pan, put olive oil pan and cook chopped onions on medium heat SLOWLY. It's to ensure even cooking and you'll be mixing everything together so you don't want to overcook these.
Step 4:
Once onions are done, take the rest of the ingredients and put them in with the onions and cook for about a good 5 ish minutes or until the cilantro is dark green and the rest of the ingredients are well incorporated.

Voila! Your done!
I served this over a batch of rice and let me tell you, it was again very amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment