CrochetedintheRaine

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CrochetedintheRaine?ref=l2-shopheader-name

Come check out my shop on etsy!
I love to crochet projects for friends and family and finally got brave enough to sell them.
If you have any questions about it, let me know!

Monday, May 20, 2013

Lemon-Garlic Chicken! In the crockpot or in the oven!

Alright so I've been on a huge kick lately of testing recipes.

The one we are testing today came about because I've been in charge of dinner a lot lately and needed something that would satisfy everyone to there ideal taste and also help budget wise.

Here is a recipe I found on pinterest:
http://pinterest.com/pin/335166397238619250/

Website:
http://www.budgetsavvydiva.com/2012/07/lemon-roasted-chicken-recipe/

Budgetsavydiva is a great site that has a lot of different ways to help save money.  I highly recommend looking them up!

*The pinner I got this from said that she added 1/4 cup of water into the crock pot and didn't use ANY oil.  And that she cooked it on low for 8 hours.

What I"m going to do is I"m going to do just that except I'm going to cook it on high for 6 hours but keep and eye on it so that it doesn't dry out or overcook.

So here's the ingredients:
4 pieces of boneless, chicken breasts
Salt
Pepper
Parsley (I wanted at least one more seasoning but you don't have to add this.)
Lemon (Juice and Zest
1 CLOVE of garlic.

Step 1: put 1/4 cup of water into crockpot
Step 2: Lay chicken breasts as flat as you can in crock pot (makes it easier when adding the rest of ingredients on top for even coating)
Step 3: Season chicken with Salt and Pepper
Step 4: Mince garlic
Step 5: Zest and Juice Lemon
Step 6: Combine Lemon/garlic and add just a few sprinkles of parsley
Step 7: Take garlic and lemon juice/zest, parsley and pour on top of chicken.
Step 8: Set crockpot after placing lid on top for 6 hours

DONE!

Now make your favorite sides and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment